Monday, December 22, 2008

To Live Blog



Once you've seen Ikiru, you'll never forget this image.

And how could you? Hasn't it taught you that living a dull existence isn't living at all; you're already dead. Isn't it time you got out and did something with your life. Changed your ways. Pull yourself up by the bootstraps. Haven't you had enough of the minutia of your run down day to day measly living? I have. That's why I need to change. That's why I have to change.

To take a little from Sam Cooke:

"its been too hard living but I'm afraid to die
Cause I don't know what's up there beyond the sky"

"there been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on"

Barack Obama himself took a little bit from Sam's "A Change Is Gonna Come" during his campaign and the message is still as poignant today as it was in yesteryear.

So, back to Ikiru. Bringing about change. Realizing that it doesn't take a facing with death to understand that you're always dieing. That you're always writing your own biography with every action, or inaction, that you take. whether you choose to do something or nothing is still a choice. So get scootin'. Don't go out in the middle of a song, without having gotten it all out. Raise your voice and spill out your soul. Nothing should, nor can, contain you. Is your life living you or are you living your life?

Find something you're passionate about and do it. Believe that you can do it. And do it.

3 comments:

Melissa Donovan said...

I love that old Sam Cooke song and I'm of the mind that change is good. At least, good change is ;) I haven't seen this film (it is a film?) but that photo is captivating.

t.sterling said...

10 points for mentioning Sam Cooke!

I may look into this movie in due time. And it seems whenever I'm on vacation is when I do the best I can to make the most of my day. THEN, on like the last day, I don't feel so bad by answering "I did absolutely nothing" knowing that I accomplished a lot.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely!

Yes, there are so many walking dead people, it scares me.

Remember when playing in the rain was fun? We didn't care about getting wet or dirty or what anyone thought. When adults do things that kids do, people think they are crazy. Sad.